I am a work and culture writer. My recent work focuses on the intersection of parenting, leadership, and business. I write about gender, parenting, and motherhood, especially at the intersection of work, and the growing culture of always-on, nonstop work expectations.
FEATURED ARTICLES IN PRINT + AROUND THE WEB
Women and people of color tend to embrace entrepreneurship at a disproportionate rate precisely because the landscape of creating a new organization in your vision is so compelling. But media coverage fails.
The caretaking crisis that’s coming in America is not just about women and children: it’s also about millennials, men, executive leaders, and seniors.
Over the last two years, I conducted four different experiments to monitor my own behavior, implementing trackers and blockers in order to better understand how social media usage affected my productivity.
HARVARD BUSINESS REVIEW
When we defend our own time, we remind others of our boundaries and we are remind ourselves that we are worthy of it.
I felt the way about changing my last name the way some people feel about having kids: I didn’t feel too strongly about keeping or changing my name. My husband said he wanted to make the switch.
If you’re stuck and don’t know how to move forward, use these four questions to help you quickly get moving again.
Burnout can affect anyone, and is increasingly found across everyone from employees to leaders. Here’s how to build a “Resiliency Toolkit” to support you in the short-term and long term.
Ever start a new job and realize it wasn’t everything you were promised? Avoid the post-hire let down by asking the right questions during the interview.
Have trouble talking about yourself? You need a better narrative and it starts with visualization — yes, really.
- My Husband Took My Last Name
- A Love Story (How I Met My PenPal Husband)
- Why I’m Choosing To Email Slowly
- Why I Say No To Meeting People For Coffee
- Saying No Is A Kindness
- How To Do An Annual Review
- How To Do A Monthly Review
- Why Starting A Blog Is A Terrible Idea
- What To Write About When You Don’t Know What To Write About
- How To Live: Notes After My Grandmother’s Passing
- Last Child in the Woods: Richard Louv on Nature Deficit Disorder
- A Garden Full of Mistakes, Blunders, And Critters
- Why Is Failure Such A Bad Thing?
- If And When Negative Thoughts Pop Up
- The Art of Choosing: Do We Have Too Much Choice?
- If Not You, Then Who?