My brain is like a 5-year old, and up until recently, it was like an over-caffeinated 5-year old without a chance to get outside and run around on the playground. I find myself fixated on the WHY question, as well as the WHAT and the HOW, and I can’t help but wonder, about, well, everything.
In no particular order, questions that dart in and out of my mind:
Writing, Documentation, Blogging
- Why do you write?
- Why is this interesting?
- Why do you want to say something?
- What are you trying to do?
- How do you feel when you write?
- Why do you log on?
- What do you want to achieve?
- What are you looking for?
- What do you see?
- Why do you post something?
- How does it make you feel?
- Do you feel better or worse when you go online?
- Is this helping what you want to do?
Work, Clients, Professionalism
- Why are these projects important?
- Who pays us?
- When will this change?
- Do you like this part of it? Why not?
- Why does the system work like this?
- Why do I have fears and insecurities?
- Why am I procrastinating on somethings, and not others?
- How am I doing?
- How can I be better?
- Is what I’m doing enough?
- Do I understand what I’m doing?
- Why am I bored?
- Why am I overwhelmed?
- What do I want?
- Why do I need it?
- How much of it do I need?
- Do I really need it?
- Why do we develop strange relationships with money?
- Is it finite?
- How much time should I spend thinking about it?
- What am I doing wrong?
- How can I be better?
- How is it possible to be so terrible with it?
- Why do I spend money the way that I do?
- What are my goals?
- What tiny changes could I make to make really big long-term changes?
- How did this get this way?
- What are we overlooking? What aren’t we seeing?
- Are we racing towards a strange and precarious future?
- Can I make anything different?
- How will we change the patterns of the world?
- What do people really care about?
- Why did the American Dream start, and is it doing us any good?
- What is the future of cities?
- What about the future of people?
This is the rattled, frenetic brain of mine, on only a few of the many topics I like to think about. I keep asking Why, Why, Why, and I’m just wondering …
- Why do you do what you do?
- Why do you behave in certain ways?
- Who is making the decisions?
- What do you feel like?
- How are you changing and growing?
- How will you make a difference?
How often do you stop and wonder?
There’s no answer to this post. Just curious, insatiable questions.
Get my monthly newsletter, not available anywhere else: The SKP Monthly.