Across all of my speaking engagements and workshops, I encourage people to use their voice, tell their story, and cultivate kindness.
I bring elements of psychology, design, and physicality to a deep understanding how people work and why we do what we do. My deep love of movement and wellness (including 20 years of NCAA collegiate swimming to 200-hour yoga teacher certification) — means that I bring a holistic health focus into the conversation, with an emphasis on well being, honing your intuition, and integrating the mind, body and spirit.
- Alive in Berlin — Keynote: “The Upside of Loneliness,” 2014.
- The World Domination Summit — “Raising $29,000 For Charity: Water,” 2012.
- Powder Keg, Indianapolis — “29 Lessons From Swimming Naked From Alcatraz,” 2012.
- KA Connect: Knowledge Architecture — “The Story of Landscape Urbanism: Building A Community Through Social Sharing,” 2012.
- The University of California, Berkeley, College of Environmental Design: “Landscapes of Uncertainty: A Panel,” 2012.
- The University of Virginia, School of Architecture — Keynote: “Building Landscape Urbanism,” 2012.
Workshops, round-tables, and small group events:
- Creative Mornings — “Field Trips: The Art of Storytelling in Everyday Life,” 2015.
- Moment Design — “Creative Writing Workshop,” New York City, 2015.
- Pakistani Emerging Leaders — 30 Under 30 Fellowship. “Communications Roundtable: The Art of Storytelling And Crafting A Winning Pitch,” New York City, 2015.
- Storylines in San Francisco — “Building a Career And A Life On Your Terms,” San Francisco, 2014.
- General Assembly, San Francisco: “Introduction to Storytelling,” “The Psychology of Storytelling,” and “How to Win at Crafting Stories,” San Francisco, 2013—2014.
- Private Gala, Russian Hill, San Francisco — “Inside The Brain of an Open Water Swimmer,” 2012.
Podcasts, Interviews, and Media Appearances:
- Todd Henry’s Accidental Creative Podcast
- Srini Rao “The Unmistakeable Creative” Podcast
- Real Talk with Nicole Antoinette Podcast
- Build A Better Life Podcast with Adam Carroll
- En*theos: Improve Your Storytelling, Improve Your Life
- Fast Company “Reinvent Business Summit,” Hackathon 2013
- Startup Weekend LA: Tech Crunch
- Do Something — Featured on SlideShare with over 300,000 downloads
Above: The 2015 Unmistakeable Creative Podcast. My segment was featured as an “Animated Short” by Rebel Dot Com on Soul Pancake (1.7 million subscribers).
Topics that I would love to speak to your audience about:
- Startup pregnant: how pregnancy and the workplace can be entirely re-invented.
- The upside of loneliness: how feelings are wayfinders to our authentic self.
- How to craft great stories, pitches, and narrative arcs.
- Content strategy: how to create a simple yet powerful thought leadership platform. (Hint: you don’t need to start a blog.)
- The power of starting — why starting is a difficult aspect of behavior change.
- Why pursuing outside (and outsize) goals can make for better worker productivity, happiness and engagement.
To book me for a speaking gig, email email@example.com.