I’m launching a new podcast this summer!
The podcast shares the stories of women before, during, and after pregnancy and into early parenting. From working, to building businesses, to accelerating your leadership, to growing families, I’m interviewing women on their lives and livelihoods and what they’ve done to grow both.
We’re looking for our early sponsors — help me bootstrap our first season:
If you’d love to see this podcast get rolling, head on over to Patreon to support us.
- Micro-sponsors: We’re looking for micro-sponsorships, so you can chip in anywhere from $1/month to $4/month to help us build momentum and record an amazing new podcast to add to the airwaves. For the cost of a cup of coffee each month, you can become a backer!
- Show sponsors ($100): Got a company or project that you’d like to advertise? We’re looking for companies that are a great match for this audience that would like to sponsor one episode per month. You’ll get a 30-second advertising spot in the show every month for as long as you are a sponsor.
- Master patron ($250): Get listed in the show’s front notes as a sponsor, a shout-out feature story about your company (90 seconds) in one episode each month, which I will work with you to craft to perfection. The story will land in the first 22 minutes of the podcast. You’ll also be listed on the podcast page of our website as a featured sponsor.
There are lots of different options to sponsor the podcast. Help us bring the stories of women in leadership, life, and work to the airwaves!
About the podcast: what are we driving towards?
The podcast looks at deep human question around what it means to become a parent, to grow a business, to embrace a body of work, to deal with failure, to shift in identity, to learn, and to grow. Throughout both “Startup” and “Pregnant,” we look at what it means to undergo these most profound transformations that come with creating new things from scratch.
Startup Pregnant isn’t strictly about startups and pregnancy; instead, it’s about the deep transformative power that growing businesses and babies taps requires, and how we change as a result.
Transformation isn’t easy, in fact, it’s often painful, but it’s one of the most beautiful parts of being a human.
The podcast will address questions like:
- What can business learn from women and pregnancy, and what can pregnancy learn from business?
- How did the growth of your business or family affect how you showed up in the world? What strategies did you use to learn, grow, and adapt?
- How can we re-imagine what women in the workforce can look like?
- What do you wish your CEOs and colleagues knew about pregnancy and the journey into parenthood?
- Does parenthood change your work life, for the better? How does it change your creativity or management style?
- How do these powerful forces of feminine energy, willpower, and strength intersect and provoke better entrepreneurship, invention, and collaboration?
We’re Launching in July/August 2017:
- We are bootstrapping most of the first season of the podcast.
- When we hit $100 per month in backing, we’ll prep the launch of season 1!
- When we hit $250 per month in backing, we will improve our sound quality, audio mixing, and production.
- When we reach $500, we we will begin preparing seasons 2 & 3.
- Check out our Patreon page for more details.
Join me in my podcast (and my mission) to share deeper, wiser, and more profound stories of women at work.
In my own experience of being pregnant while working at a Y-combinator backed startup: it isn’t easy. But like so many things in life, it’s worth it. In fact, many parts of it challenged my bones, my soul, and my stamina unlike anything else I’d experienced — like most things in life that are hard, it was also unbelievably worth it.
The podcast is a way to bring women to the table to have a conversation about what it means to be a woman in leadership and in work, all while raising families.
If you are like me and enjoy contemplating the absurdity of growing a human inside a human, if you don’t mind the stress of figuring out just exactly how a business will survive, and if you don’t mind the chatter of voices that wonder constantly how, exactly, you’ll pull this off — then you can laugh, cry, and wince along side me as I take you inside the stories of women working on great endeavors.—
Get my monthly newsletter, not available anywhere else: The SKP Monthly.
Also published on Medium.